The Getting Out There Group Program
The Foundations & Mastery of Attracting Clients
What is this program all about?
This group marketing coaching and consulting program aims to help self-employed B2B professionals get out there and attract more of their ideal clients – with more fun and less struggle!
I’m Robert Middleton, and I’ve been doing this work since 1984. I’m the author of the bestselling manual, the InfoGuru Marketing Manual, and have published my weekly email newsletter, Getting Out There, since 1997. I’ve worked with thousands of clients, much like you.
Does this sound like you?
You’re a self-employed professional such as a consultant, coach, or trainer. It’s for professionals committed to making a real difference in the lives and businesses of their clients.
My clients are typically seasoned professionals who have been self-employed for several years. They come from diverse backgrounds, from working in small companies to multi-national corporations. Some are transitioning from working for a company to going out on their own.
They went out on their own because they wanted independence and the opportunity to do their own thing their own way. They don’t really like working for a boss, but they do like helping people and making a difference.
What they have in common is intelligence, an interest in growth, and a passion for their work. They are also ready and willing to take action.
Why is this program needed?
Many self-employed professionals struggle to attract enough of the clients they really want to work with. They want great clients who are ready to make changes and who have the budget to get the help they need to make those changes.
But many professionals just don’t like the idea of marketing and selling. They find it challenging to talk about what they do. And they don’t like hype, hard-sell, or manipulation.
Most get their new clients from word-of-mouth and referrals, but their referrals may be drying up and they lack a reliable, repeatable system for attracting more of their ideal clients.
Finally, in this virtual world, many self-employed professionals feel isolated and don’t have a peer group working on similar goals which can give them the feedback and support they need.
These are typically some issues they experience:
• They are frustrated that they are not getting enough attention for their services or programs. So they don’t get much response to their outreach efforts.
• They struggle to get in front of enough of their ideal prospective clients. So they don’t have the opportunity to present their services to enough people.
• They are unclear about how to write about their services powerfully. As a result, prospective clients don’t fully grasp the benefits they offer.
• They are discouraged that their sales closing rate is low. As a result, they are not getting as much business as they feel they deserve.
The Getting Out There Program focuses on these four outcome-oriented practices:
1. Crafting an attention-getting marketing message based on the value they offer and the problems their clients are experiencing. I call this the “Ultimate Outcome” and the “Treble-Hook.”
2. Develop clear, concise, and simple written marketing materials explaining your value and work. No hype or marketingese is required!
3. Getting in front of the right prospective clients who can either buy your services or lead you to those who can.
4. Successfully engaging in a relaxed, non-manipulative selling process and closing new business for your professional services and programs.
I’ve found over many years that these four marketing practices have proven to work the best to consistently gain more of your ideal clients with the least amount of struggle and stress.
What can you expect to gain from participating in this program?
You will become better at attracting more of your ideal clients to your business. You will get more opportunities to communicate with prospective clients about what you do and share your value – both honestly and persuasively.
You’ll feel more confident about communicating about your business, explaining your value, writing emails, developing web materials, giving presentations, preparing proposals, and closing more business.
Marketing your professional services will be less of a struggle and mystery and feel more natural and easy. You’ll realize that marketing can be done with integrity and without hype.
Ultimately, you’ll adopt a whole new mindset to marketing your professional services.
What is the Program Structure?
This is a group training and coaching program with 10 to 20 participants. Working in a group is synergistic. You’ll get more ideas, energy, and inspiration than working alone.
Here are the components of the program:
1. It’s for self-employed professionals who are committed to making a real difference for their clients through consulting, coaching, training, or other professional services.
2. It’s a hands-on Action Group with step-by-step training and coaching, not an information dump with general ideas and no support.
3. It includes detailed how-to materials with my complete step-by-step systems for getting out there and attracting great clients.
4. It will respond to the needs of the participants, not to a fixed agenda so that participants are always working on what they need the most.
5. It will be Interactive, with lots of time for small group discussion, exercises, assignments, and challenges. Plus, connections and masterminding with other participants between sessions.
6. It will incorporate the outer strategies and tactics for getting out there and the inner mindsets and habits essential to moving forward fearlessly and consistently.
7. It’s a six-month program in two parts: Foundations and Mastery. The first three months is the Foundations Program where we help you build a solid foundation for your marketing, as outlined above.
The next three months is the Mastery Program where we work at consistently putting your marketing into action. Note that you must complete Foundations first and then be selected to participate in Mastery.
8. The programs consist of virtual meetings three times a month on Fridays at 10 a.m. PT (11MT, 12CT, 1ET, 6UK, 7EU), for 90-minute Zoom sessions. And every session will be recorded on video if you miss a session.
9. The next Foundations program starts on September 8 and will continue through November 17, 2023.
10. Also included will be private sessions with me for monthly coaching, as needed in 45-minute action sessions. The aim is to give you what you need when you need it to help you confidently take your next action step.
10. Finally, the fee will be affordable for almost any self-employed professional. The fee is broken into three payments for each 3-month course to make it easy on your budget. See below for the fee.
The program will incorporate the best of what I’ve offered to clients over the years, with all my testing and refinements, to emerge with the most effective and simple way to master the art of Getting Out There and attracting more great clients.
The fee for the Getting Out There Foundations Program is “pay-what-you-can.” This means that you can actually pay what you feel you can afford. The previous fee for this program has ranged between $300 and $500 per month. Remember, attracting just one or two more new clients will typically more than pay for the program.
Money Back Guarantee
I stand behind my work. If you feel this program is not worth much more than you paid for it, you can ask for and receive your money back. No kidding.
How is this program different?
My work was developed through 38 years of working with hundreds of self-employed professionals on their marketing. It is practical and hands-on. It contains a ton of information, but it is primarily based on learning and taking action.
My approach is very personalized. Although we work with certain marketing strategies and approaches, I’ll help you customize your approach to your needs. One size does not fit all.
You’ll learn an approach or strategy and then immediately receive an assignment to put what you’ve learned into action.
My approach goes beyond marketing strategies and tactics. There’s a lot of focus on purpose, making a difference, authenticity, and going beyond self-imposed limitations.
You will work harder at this program than almost anything you’ve previously done in your business. And your business will move forward measurably.
What is this marketing program not?
It is not an online program where you study videos and documents independently without support or feedback. It is not about passive marketing, such as social media, content, web, or online marketing.
It’s not about complex and confusing marketing mumbo jumbo. It’s about learning principles and practices that work and then taking action. It’s not even about hope; it’s about Getting Out There and engaging.
It is not a lot of useless information that overwhelms you and that you never implement.