The Getting Out There Group Program
The Joy of Attracting Great Clients
What is this program all about?
The purpose of this group marketing coaching and consulting program is to help self-employed B2B professionals attract more of their ideal clients – with more joy and less struggle!
I’m Robert Middleton and I’ve been doing this work since 1984. I’m the author of the bestselling manual, the InfoGuru Marketing Manual, and have published my weekly email newsletter, Getting Out There, since 1997. I’ve worked with thousands of clients, much like you.
Does this sound like you?
You’re a self-employed professional such as a consultant, coach, or trainer. It’s for those professionals who are committed to making a real difference in the lives and businesses of their clients.
My clients are typically seasoned professionals who have been self-employed for several years. They come from diverse backgrounds, from working in small companies to multi-national corporations. Some are making the transition from working for a company to going out on their own.
They went out on their own because they wanted the independence and opportunity to do their own thing their own way. They don’t really like working for a boss but they do like helping people and making a difference.
They are a diverse group of men and women, many from around the world, from different ethnic groups and cultures. What they have in common is intelligence, an interest in growth, and a passion for their work.
Why is this program needed?
Many self-employed professionals struggle to attract enough of the clients they really want to work with. They want great clients who are ready to make changes and who have the budget to get the help they need to make those changes.
But many professionals just don’t like the idea of marketing and selling. They find it challenging to talk about what they do. And they don’t like hype, hard-sell, or manipulation.
Most get their new clients from word-of-mouth but don’t have any reliable, repeatable system for attracting more of their ideal clients.
Finally, in this virtual world, many self-employed professionals feel isolated and don’t have a peer group working on similar goals who can give them the feedback and support they need.
These are typically some issues they experience:
• They are not great at clearly explaining the true value of their services or programs so prospective clients “really get it.”
• They have not packaged their services concisely and clearly in a way that people can both relate to and resonate with.
• They are not getting in front of enough of their ideal prospective clients. Their marketing approach tends to be passive, not proactive.
• They resist or dislike the whole marketing sales process and find it challenging, if not distasteful. They want to find a marketing and selling approach that is authentic and fun.
The Getting Out There Program focuses on these four outcome-oriented practices:
1. Crafting an attention-getting marketing message based on the Ultimate Outcome you offer, and that clearly communicates the core value of your work.
2. Developing clear, concise, and simple written marketing materials that explain your value and how you work. No hype or marketingese is required!
3. Getting in front of the right prospective clients who can either buy your services or lead you to those who can.
4. Successfully engaging in a relaxed, non-manipulative selling process and closing new business for your professional services and programs.
I’ve found over many years that these four marketing practices have proven to work the best to consistently gain more of your ideal clients with the least amount of struggle and stress.
What can you expect to gain from participating in this program?
You will become better at attracting more of your ideal clients to your business. You will get more opportunities to communicate with prospective clients about what you do and share the value you have – both honestly and persuasively.
You’ll feel more confident about communicating about your business, explaining your value, writing emails, developing web materials, giving presentations, preparing proposals, and closing more business.
Marketing your professional services will be less of a struggle and mystery and will feel more natural and easy. You’ll realize that marketing can be done with integrity and without hype.
Ultimately, you’ll adopt a whole new mindset to marketing your professional services.
What is the Program Structure?
This is a group training and coaching program with from 10 to 20 participants. Working in a group is synergistic. You’ll get more ideas, energy, and inspiration than working alone.
Here are the components of the program:
1. It’s for self-employed professionals who are committed to making a real difference for their clients through consulting, coaching, training, or other professional services.
2. It’s a hands-on Action Group with step-by-step training and coaching, not an information dump with general ideas and no support.
3. It includes a detailed how-to-do-it manual with my complete step-by-step system for getting out there and attracting great clients.
4. It will respond to the needs of the participants, not to a fixed agenda so that participants were always working on what they need the most.
5. It will be Interactive, with lots of time for small group discussion, exercises, assignments, and challenges. Plus, connections and masterminding with other participants between sessions.
6. It will incorporate both the outer strategies and tactics for getting out there and the inner mindsets and habits essential to moving forward fearlessly and consistently.
7. It will be an ongoing program, not a fixed time period. Participants can join for a short period or as long as they needed support. Kind of like a gym membership. You can join for as short as three months or for as long as you are getting value.
8. It will consist of virtual meetings three times a month on Fridays (depending on your time zone from 10 a.m. PT to 7 p.m. EU), for 90-minute Zoom sessions. And every session will be recorded on video if you miss a session.
9. Also included will be private meetings with me (optional) for monthly coaching, as needed in 45-minute action-sessions. The aim is to give you what you need when you need it to help you confidently take your next action-step.
10. Finally, the fee will be affordable for almost any self-employed professional. It will be either a quarterly fee or a discounted yearly fee.
The program will incorporate the best of what I’ve offered to clients over the years, with all my testing and refinements, to emerge with the most effective and simple way to master the art of Getting Out There and attracting more great clients.
How is this program different?
My work was developed as a result of 38 years of working with hundreds of self-employed professionals on their marketing. It is practical and hands-on. It contains a ton of information but it is primarily based on learning and taking action.
My approach is very personalized. Although we work with certain marketing strategies and approaches, I’ll help you customize your approach to your needs. One size does not fit all.
You’ll learn an approach or strategy and then immediately receive an assignment to put what you’ve learned into action.
My approach goes beyond marketing strategies and tactics. There’s a lot of focus on purpose, making a difference, authenticity, and going beyond self-imposed limitations.
You will work harder at this program than almost anything you’ve previously done in your business. And your business will move forward measurably.
What is this marketing program not?
It is not an online program where you study videos and documents on your own without support or feedback. It is not about passive marketing such as social media, content marketing, web marketing, or online marketing.
It’s not about complex and confusing marketing mumbo jumbo. It’s about learning principles and practices that work and then taking action. It’s not even about hope; it’s about Getting Out There and engaging.
It is not a lot of useless information that overwhelms you and that you never implement.
Your Next Steps…
If you think the program might be right for you, we’ll set up a 30-45-minute meeting to answer any questions you may have and make sure the program is the right fit for you and your business. I’ll also ask you a lot of questions to better understand your situation, challenges, and goals. I do not use any heavy-handed selling techniques or apply any pressure to join the program.
Set up a time to meet with me.
If you’re ready to explore whether this program is a fit for you or not, please set up a time on my calendar.