SELF-EMPLOYED PROFESSIONALS THAT OFFER SERVICES TO BUSINESSES:
The question every self-employed professional asks:
As a self-employed professional, getting the attention of your prospective clients is harder than ever before. So how do you break through the noise? How do you communicate about your value without resorting to hype? And how do you remain authentic while offering real value?
Introducing the ABDO Program (Attention-Based Direct Outreach)
Dear Self-Employed Professional,
Despite all the marketing tools available today, attracting new clients is more challenging than than it ever was.
With websites, social media, videos, podcasts, and the non-stop flow of email, you’d think it would be easier. But it’s not because it’s a struggle to break through and be heard above all the clutter and noise (mostly online).
So what’s a poor self-employed person (like you) to do?
The answer is, and will always be the same: Communicate more powerfully, no matter what marketing mediums you employ.
Your marketing messages need to include the following four essential elements if you are to get attention and break through the noise:
Relevant – What will help with real challenges?
Interesting – What is new and intriguing?
Unexpected – What will evoke a smile?
Authentic – What is undoubtedly the real thing?
With these four elements, you can solve the problem of getting the attention of your prospects and setting-up more meetings with the decision-makers who can hire you.
This marketing approach that I call ABDO – Attention-Based Direct Outreach – may be the marketing solution you’ve been looking for.
However, this program is much more than strategies and techniques for attracting clients.
Keep reading and find out if it’s right for you.
RESULTS OUR PROGRAM PARTICIPANTS HAVE ACHIEVED
Here are some results we’ve seen from program participants:
Amina, a doctor turned career coach for doctors, doubled her business in three months and had the best month she’d ever had in her business.
Jeff, a management consultant, got a long-term client who started paying him $5K per month.
Sandra, a business writer, in her first month got projects totaling $20K.
Barney, an executive recruiter, and coach got a project worth more than $70K.
Denise, a business strategist, got a ton of responses from her LinkedIn contacts when she offered to interview them about kindness in business.
Colleen, an executive coach, got 7 new clients, each worth $30K to $70K each over the next year.
Have you said some or all of the following things to yourself?
“I know I have an extremely valuable service, but I just can’t get the attention of the clients I want to work with and who will pay me well.”
“And how do I get meetings with decision-makers who could use my professional services? What would motivate them to meet with me?”
“And if I do get meetings, what do I say that will convince them to work with me? I really don’t think of myself as a salesperson.”
But what if you knew exactly what to do to get the attention of your prospective clients, knew the marketing strategies that worked to get you more meetings, and had a clear step-by-step path for converting a potential client into a paying one?
And perhaps, even more important than that, what if you got the support to actually put your marketing into action?
Well, that’s why I created this program. Read on, fearless marketer!
THE ABDO GROUP MARKETING PROGRAM:
MORE ATTENTION, MORE MEETINGS, MORE CLIENTS
OK, so what exactly happens in this program? What do we cover, and how does it help you attract more clients?
You want your marketing to improve. You want to get the attention of your prospective clients, you want to get meetings, you want to close more business. So we get to work.
We meet in both group and individual coaching sessions. We gather, we talk, we learn, we brainstorm, we plan, you work on your marketing, and I give you ideas, direction, support, and feedback.
To be more specific, here are the kinds of things we’ll work on in the program:
• Nailing down your Marketing Message and clarifying your “Clients’ Core Question.” (I.e., “How do we increase productivity while making our company a great place to work?”)
• Developing written marketing materials that clearly explain what you do, how you do it and the value you offer. You can’t assume your clients really understand your value.
• A big part of this is giving feedback on written materials. A new addition to this program is giving feedback by video. I open your document and give you verbal feedback while actually editing and formatting as I go. This is so much more useful than just giving written feedback.
A recent participant of my current program commented:
“Your feedback is really really helpful! And I very much like the video format. You are in your flow and I got a much better sense of how you approach bolding & breaking sections to keep the reader engaged. The choices you made to highlight in my client quotes was really eye-opening! I’m feeling hopeful and inspired from your feedback and the new clarity I’ve gained from learning how to write a good sales letter.“
• Coming up with marketing outreach strategies. This is the heart of the program. You’ll learn how to get the attention of your prospective clients and get conversations and meetings with them.
• You’ll learn how to use emails, presentations, LinkedIn, and other mysterious marketing tools to get you and your message out there. And you’ll develop step-by-steps plans to do so.
• And you’ll also learn how to close new business. Marketing gets you in front of prospective clients. The selling process converts prospects into paying clients.
OK, did all of that overwhelm you? Well, yeah, there’s a lot to learn, but more important is the support you’ll receive to help you put it into action. In many cases, you know what to do. You just don’t do it.
• In our group sessions I’ll be giving you hands-on marketing information and how-tos, followed by action-oriented assignments. You’ll have direction, a plan and be motivated to take action. I kinda have that effect on my clients. They get stuff done they’re been putting off – sometimes for a long time.
• In our individual sessions, I’ll be coaching you on the finer points of attracting clients while supporting you in getting past your resistance, uncertainty, and sometimes abject terror of putting your business out into the world. I believe marketing your business can and should be fun. Strange, I know, but true nonetheless.
And hey, you actually just may start to enjoy marketing yourself! I can’t tell you how many people have told me that marketing is now one of their favorite business activities. Why? Well, they now understand the game, and know how to play and win at it by consistently attracting new clients. And that’s fun. Really.
OK, that’s it. That’s a pretty good overview of what we’ll cover and how it will help you. Now a little on the structure of the program:
THE STRUCTURE OF THE ABDO GROUP PROGRAM
I like to emphasize that the ABDO program is an action program, not an information program. That is, I don’t just give you a lot of information and wish you luck in implementing it.
You can read a book or articles online if you want information. And in many cases, those might be enough. But if you really want to develop skills, it starts with information and then continues with study, practice, testing, feedback, coaching, and support. And that’s why I call this an Action Program.
What it looks like to be in action. Fun, right?
Here are the main components of the program:
1. The ABDO program is conducted over nine months, and 18 group training and coaching sessions held via Zoom video. In these interactive sessions, you’ll learn how to make ABDO marketing work for you step-by-step.
2. In addition, you’ll have four individual marketing coaching sessions with me, Robert Middleton. In those sessions, I’ll give you coaching, input, and feedback on your marketing strategies and plans.
3. You’ll have access to a complete online program page with all the ABDO templates and systems. Plus we’ll post the recordings of all the sessions, program assignments, and a wealth of resources – including all the materials in the More Clients Club.
4. The program is scheduled on Thursdays, starting in September 2019. The time of the sessions will be at 12 noon Pacific (1 pm Mntn, 2 pm Cntrl, 3 pm Estrn, 8 pm UK, 9 pm UK and early morning Friday AU). Check TimeandDate.com for your actual time.
The starting date for the program will be Thursday, September 5. Here are the dates of all the group sessions:
Sept 5, 19, Oct 3, 17, 31, Nov 14,
Dec 5, 19, Jan 9, 23, Feb 6, 20,
Mar 5, 19, April 2, 16, May 7, 21
5. The fee for the program is $375 per month. (However, if you apply for the program by the end of August, the fee will be $275 per month.) Participants are asked to make a commitment for the full nine months of the program. It’s not unusual to have to miss a session or two. If that happens, all the program video sessions are recorded.
DOES THE ABDO PROGRAM COME WITH A GUARANTEE?
Yes, I guarantee the ABDO Program. No kidding. Most particpants will earn back the program tuition by attracting just one or two new clients. So I guarantee that as a result of applying the ideas in the program, you will attract new business worth a minimum of twice what you invest in the program.
All that I ask is that you attend all the live group sessions, engage in the individual coaching sessions, and also do all of the program assignments. If you do not achieve these minimumal results by the end of the program, I will work with you individually until you’ve produced those results.
ABOUT YOUR FEARLESS LEADER
If you’re reading this, there’s a good chance you’ve been on my e-list for some time. But who is the real Robert Middleton?
Well, I’m a self-employed professional much like you. I started out in 1984 with a rented typewriter and some half-baked ideas about how to help other self-employed people with their marketing, And, against all odds I ended up helping thousands of people with their marketing over the years.
I wrote the online bestseller, the InfoGuru Marketing Manual in 1999 and went on to offer all kinds of virtual courses and programs on how to attract clients to people all over the world. I’ve sent out my weekly email newsletter, More Clients (Now The Fearless Marketer), since 1997 to hundreds of thousands of subscribers.
More than anything else, I’m good at teaching and helping people with their marketing. I live, eat, dream, and sleep marketing.
When I’m not working in my business, I spend way too much time listening to my vast jazz collection and spending quality time with my wife and two fluffy white dogs. My prime spiritual practice is living in the NOW.
IS THIS PROGRAM FOR YOU?
This program is for business-to-business services only. It is ideal for management consultants, business coaches, corporate trainers, web developers, business writers, and other professionals who offer services or programs to businesses.
If you’re ready to go into action and learn how to attract more of your ideal clients, this program may be for you.
The next step is a free marketing coaching session with me:
FREE ONE-HOUR COACHING SESSION WITH ROBERT
If you’re thinking, “Yes, I’d think I’d like to do this program,” then I’d like to offer you a one-hour marketing coaching sesion to get you off to a quick start. In this meeting, first I want to make sure the program is a good fit for you.
If it is, then we’ll discuss your business, and what you can do right now to move your marketing forward. If you decide not to move forward, no problem. The first payment for the program is not due until late August 2109.