Make Your Life and Marketing Simple2 min read
Simpler is better. And if you can make your life and your marketing simpler, you’ll be happier and more successful.
But how do you do that?
It starts with the realization that everything in life can be reduced to the most important things.
And those things make up about 20 percent (or less) of all things. That 20% gives you 80% of the results you want.
This is called the 80-20 Rule or the Pareto Principle.
How does it work? Well, very simply. For instance:
Twenty percent of the things in your life will give you 80% of your happiness. So work on those and don’t worry about the rest. What are they?
1. Your Health. Good food, sufficient exercise, and enough sleep.
2. Your Work. Find the work you love, that you’re good at, that the world needs, and that will pay you well.
3. Your Relationships. Learn how to get along with people of all kinds in all situations.
Too simple, right? But admit it, if you worked on those three things, you’d be a very happy person most of the time. The rest of the things in your life would take care of themselves.
OK, how about marketing your professional services?
Lots and lots and lots of things you could spend your time on, right?
But if you focus on the following four things and four things only, you will attract lots of clients and make a great income.
1. Come up with a premium service or program to offer your clients, a service that will deliver superior results for them every time, a service that makes a real difference.
2. Learn how to get in front of the prospective clients who are the most likely to buy your services.
3. Develop a way to communicate powerfully to these prospective clients (usually with a some kind of presentation) how your service or program will help them.
4. Learn how to ask for the business and get prospective clients to say yes to you and pay you for your service or program.
If you put all your time and attention on learning these four things and then implementing them, you will attract a lot of great clients, make a substantial income, and feel fulfilled in the process.
Stop making marketing complicated. Make it simple. Master these four skills that work to grow your business.
P.S. Although these things in life and marketing are simple, they are not necessarily easy. They all take know-how and work. But focusing on the right things is half the battle.