The Marketing Coaching Program
An Individual Marketing Coaching Program for Independent Professionals
Are you an Independent Professional who wants to take your marketing and business to the next level? I work with consultants, coaches, trainers and other self-employed professionals in the following situations:
– You are fairly new in your business as an Independent Professional and want to get off to a fast start.
– You have been in business for some time but still struggle with marketing yourself.
– You might tend to resist or avoid marketing activities and you need a plan, a strategy, and some support.
– You may have hit a plateau in your business and are not growing at the rate you’d like. But now you’re ready to work hard to take the next steps forward.
– You are simply not making the income you know you could be making. You’re frustrated that your skills and abilities exceed your income.
If you are serious about growing your business, earning more money and making a bigger difference, but marketing has been a challenge for you, please keep reading.
Would you like to accomplish some or all of these?
– You’d like your marketing to be a lot more effective. You want to learn and implement the skills that will help you attract clients more consistently.
– You want a marketing message and marketing materials that truly communicates your value. And you want to be more confident in communicating how your business can help your clients.
– You’d like to be comfortable about the whole selling process – from meeting with prospective clients to closing the sale.
– You also want to be more courageous about getting out there and connecting with prospective clients. You want to get past any resistance and avoidance you have about your marketing.
– You want to market your authentic self and offer services that make a difference. You want to feel good about marketing yourself and confident that you have something of real value to offer.
– You also want to make an income that meets your needs, with extra left over for vacations, savings, and investments. You’d like to increase your income by 50% to 100% or more in the next year or so.
This is what my clients have told me they wanted as a result of better marketing.
And all of this achievable with the right information, coaching, and support. You need to understand what works, what doesn’t work and have the confidence to take action to attract your ideal clients.
I’m Robert Middleton, the owner of Action Plan Marketing. I’ve been working with Independent Professionals on their marketing for more than 30 years. During that time I’ve helped hundreds of clients to become better, more successful marketers of their professional services, consistently attracting more of their ideal clients. There’s a very good chance I can help you as well.
If you feel you may need some hands-on assistance in getting past these challenges to marketing and attracting more of your ideal clients, Marketing Coaching may be right for you.
This page gives a very complete overview of how I work and the results you can expect.
“As a result of this one session I was able to get three new clients in three weeks. And these are clients I know I wouldn’t have gotten if I hadn’t used the ideas I learned from you. These clients will pay me a total of about $3,000 in the first month. That’s a 6 to 1 return on my investment for this just this session!”
– Mary Beth Shewan – Personal and Professional Coach
Objectives of the Marketing Coaching Program
I have three primary objectives for clients in this program:
1. To work with you to create a marketing plan and marketing approach that puts you and your business out there more successfully where you attract better clients, get paid more and make a bigger difference.
2. To support you in building confidence in marketing yourself and getting out of your own way — past your resistance, fears, limiting patterns and beliefs so that you take action consistently and boldly towards your goals.
3. To get you excited about marketing your professional services. And you get excited when you do the things that work, when you win, when you turn prospective clients into paying clients who love working with you.
My guess is that’s what you want. I know that because hundreds of self-employed people have told me that. They were tired of struggle and ready to win the game of creating new clients.
What you can expect from this program
If we work together, you’re going to see marketing in a whole new light. It won’t be a dreaded task but a real adventure. As we work together you’ll start to experience the following:
1. More clarity about what it takes to attract more of your ideal clients.
2. More confidence in developing your marketing message, materials and plans that really represent you.
3. More courage to get out there and make connections with prospective clients.
4. More focus in taking action — less hesitance and avoidance when it comes to marketing activities.
5. More understanding of what works or doesn’t work to get great marketing results.
6. More fun and joy in the process of running your business, serving clients and implementing your marketing.
7. More consistent cash flow and client flow so that you meet or exceed your financial needs.
Marketing your business doesn’t need to be a chore or drudgery. In fact, it can be a game that you win consistently. You just need to know the rules of the game and build a few essential skills to play it successfully. Many of my clients have told me that after years of resisting marketing that it’s now the most favorite part of their business.
“Every time I see you, miracles happen and my business seems to mushroom some more. I am busier than ever with clients and getting repeats now.”
– Patti Wilson – The Career Company, Career Counseling
How will we work together?
All Stages of the Program
I work with you as an individual, understanding that you have special needs, unique goals and singular talents. A one-size-fits-all approach doesn’t work for anyone. You need your issues addressed directly with approaches that will work for your style and personality.
In our coaching sessions we’ll work to build your marketing knowledge and skills to produce consistent results: more of your ideal clients.
I work in partnership with my clients as a coach who helps develop clarity, direction, goals, and plans and then works to successfully develop and implement those plans.
I don’t do marketing for my clients, I help them learn and ultimately master the concepts, approaches, and actions necessary to attract clients consistently.
Early Stages of the Program
First, we discuss purpose, goals what you want to accomplish and what you want things to be like in your business and marketing. We also look at what you’ve done up to this point and what might be holding you back.
We get clear on what is important to you, your interests, skills and abilities and what you want to focus on, and also what skills and practices you want to improve.
Next, we work on messaging and positioning and zero in on what you’re offering, who your clients are, the outcomes of your services and what makes you unique, special and different.
We then work on developing various marketing materials, including articles, blogs, and other content such as web pages, sales pages, letters, emails, presentations, and proposals.
We work to bring out your authentic voice and natural confidence in communicating with others through the spoken and written word, making connections and reaching out effectively to the people in your marketplace.
Middle Stages of the Program
We explore ideas, models, strategies, tactics, and communication approaches to get the attention and interest of prospective clients.
We help you determine what marketing strategies will work best for you. Then we provide training, coaching, and resources for a wide variety of marketing strategies such as direct outreach, networking, writing, speaking, and online marketing.
We discuss possibilities and approaches for most effectively accomplishing your marketing goals with the strategies we choose together. We work on developing marketing action plans, strategies and tactics for marketing success.
Later Stages of the Progam
We work with you on all aspects of the prospecting and selling/enrollment process, which includes follow-up, setting up meetings, conducting the selling interview (strategy sessions), negotiating and closing.
We assist you in developing new services and programs and then help you write materials for those program, and create marketing campaigns to launch these services and programs.
We work with you on motivation, getting unstuck, tapping into your vision, purpose and inspiration and helping you uncover new possibilities for taking your business to the next level.
At the end of our work together you are a more confident, capable marketer of your services and programs who is now consistently attracting more of your ideal clients.
“In the time we’ve worked together, I’ve gone from not even having a logo or brochure to now getting more work than I can handle from prospects who call me. And all this while working on opposite sides of the country!”
– Brien Palmer – Brien Palmer Enterprises, Management Consultant
What is the structure of this program?
This is what our coaching relationship will look like:
– I work with clients typically from six to ten months (when you’re done, you’re done).
– We’ll usually meet by Zoom Video or by phone for an hour to 75 minutes, usually twice a month.
– We’ll engage in in-depth conversations during each session where we’ll create your future, make plans to get there and face any obstacles fearlessly.
– I’ll share proven marketing ideas and strategies with very specific how-tos and provide you resources and materials to help you understand what to do and how to do it.
– You’ll leave each session with clarity about what to work on next, including step-by-step plans. And I’ll hold you accountable for taking action.
– Between sessions, you’ll work on assignments to learn about marketing, develop strategies and materials and then implement what you learn.
– You’ll have access to me by email and phone between sessions if needed. If you have a question, need a resource or want some quick feedback, you don’t need to wait until your next individual session.
– You’ll fill out a Client Report Form before each session to let me know what you’ve been working on between sessions. This helps us get off to a fast start each session.
I take on many roles as we work together to grow your business
I’m a coach who offers feedback, support and accountability
I’m a consultant who provides expert information and recommendations
I’m a strategist who creates effective and doable, step-by-step plans
I’m a designer who knows what looks good and what gets attention
I’m a writer who knows what to say and how to say it to get response
I’m a published author and blogger who understands how to connect
I’m a trusted advisor who draws on 30+ years of business successes
I know what works and what doesn’t to attract your ideal clients
“Your marketing services were critical to our success in creating marketing strategies that worked for our firm. The Action Plan Marketing Strategy Sessions provided a means to clarify our image. To make things even better, you were able to work very patiently with four individuals who all needed to agree and be pleased with the results.”
– Corrine Keller – Heritage Estate Services, Financial Services
In addition, I include the following for all of those who work with me:
A lifetime membership in my More Clients Club, with programs and resources for more effective marketing. You’ll be using these materials while working with me. The Club contains five marketing tutorials, hundreds of hours of audio sessions and innumerable resources. After we’ve completed our work together, you’ll have access to this material online indefinitely. The value of a lifetime membership in the Club is $497.
I work with many international clients
By the way, I work with many international clients, almost always by Zoom video so the calls themselves are free. I’ve worked with clients from England, Australia, New Zealand, England, South Africa, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Denmark, Germany, Czech Republic, France and more. So as long as we can work out meeting times, distance is not an issue.
How do you know if working with me is right for you?
Working in this program might be right for you if…
1. You’re already really passionate about your business and want to share it more widely to a larger audience. And you want to earn good money doing so.
2. You know you have enormous potential to provide powerful and impactful programs and services and you’re excited to discover the ways and means to realize that potential.
3. You have a burning desire to be successful in your business. It’s not just work for you, but a calling. You want this to be your life’s work and make a huge difference.
4. You are ready to do what’s necessary to grow your business and take your marketing to the next level, attracting more of your ideal clients.
5. You feel you need to work with someone in a very personalized way that will focus on your unique needs and with a system proven to get results.
But ultimately you can’t know if this program is right for you until we talk. I need to learn more about you and your business for us to see if there’s a fit.
“Robert helped me to craft a sales presentation which works 100% of the time. It’s incredible, but in the past four years, the only two searches which I have not won have been the two times when I deviated from Robert’s materials. That is a success record which is unmatched even by my own colleagues in my own firm.”
– Ann Peckenpaugh, Executive Recruiter
What is the next step to being in this program?
If you would like to explore the Marketing Coaching Program to take your marketing to the next level, please fill out the questionnaire below. I’ll get back to you within one business day to let you know if we think there’s a fit or not and then set up a complimentary 45 to 75-minute Marketing Strategy Session.
In this session, I’ll learn about you, your business, your current situation, goals, and marketing challenges and I’ll share several marketing ideas that you can use right away. Then I’ll explain in more depth how we’ll work together and answer any of your questions. If we decide there’s a good fit, we’ll move forward. I’ll give you some preparation work before our first one-on-one session.
Of course, if you feel this approach is not for you, you won’t get any pressure to move forward.
By the way, before you fill out the questionnaire, I suggest you read this page one more time, even more closely. And when you fill out the questionnaire, I want to feel your commitment, passion and desire to succeed with your business. I only accept clients that have that level of dedication to success and contribution.
Note: When you fill out the questionnaire, you’ll be taken to a page where I outline the fees I charge and a few other details about working with me. If you feel the fees are currently beyond your means, just let me know by email and I won’t follow up to set up a Strategy Session with you.
Please fill out every field on the questionnaire completely, and in-depth for the questions about your business, marketing, and current challenges.
“You have dramatically improved my effectiveness and productivity at attracting and selling new clients. You developed professionally printed materials for my use and also created a custom website for my practice. My base of clients is growing and I am receiving more referrals.”
– Colleen Boyd – Internal Navigation, Management Consulting
Please fill out the form below and click submit to send to me.
Note: Please give answers to all the questions and give as much detail as possible for the four longer questions.
I look forward to hearing from you!
P.S. Thanks for filling out the form. As soon as I get it I’ll get back to you to set up a time to talk about your business and marketing.